Golf Course & Practice Facility
Spikeless golf shoes are always required.
Gentlemen shall wear full length trousers or Bermuda length shorts deemed appropriate for golf (i.e. tennis or hiking shorts are not permitted on golf course.) Denim jeans or dungarees of any style or color are not permitted on the golf course or practice areas. Shirts must have appropriate collars or mock turtle necks. Shirts must be tucked in trousers/shorts. If wearing a hat it must be worn facing forward.
Ladies shall wear slacks, walking shorts or skirts designed for golf wear. Denim jeans or dungarees of any style or color are never permitted on the golf course or practice areas. Shirts with sleeves and/or a collar are appropriate. While the Club does not discourage wear of stylish/fashionable golf attire by ladies, proper decorum should be exercised at all times, and any member, spouse of a member, child of a member, or guest whose outfit is deemed tasteless or inappropriate by the Starter for wear at a private country club golf course will not be allowed to play the course or practice on the practice facility without first changing into something more tasteful.
Since these rules can not anticipate every situation, the professional staff has the authority to use its discretion in enforcement to ensure appropriate attire is adhered to on our golf facilities.
The following dress code has been adopted by the Mill River Club Tennis Committee and the Board of Governors to ensure that all members have a pleasant atmosphere in which to enjoy the club=s tennis facilities and services. Members are responsible for insuring that their guests follow dress code policies. Club management and our tennis professional will politely deny service or access to our tennis facilities to any member or guest not in compliance with this policy.
Players and their guests are required to wear traditional tennis attire at all times. Traditional tennis attire for men includes appropriate tennis shirts (collared tennis shirts are preferable, but may include collarless tennis shirts), tennis shorts and tennis shoes. Traditional tennis attire for woman includes tennis shirts which may be sleeveless, tennis tops, tennis shorts, tennis skirts and tennis shoes. The following clothing are strictly prohibited on the tennis courts: undershirts, tank tops, work-out collarless tee shirts, beachwear, work-out, running, cargo and basketball shorts, cross training, basketball jogging and street sneakers.
Juniors are required to adhere to the same dress code at all times.
Men shall wear swim trunks which exhibit a degree of modesty.
Ladies shall wear swimming attire which exhibits a degree of modesty. A thong bikini bathing suit is never permitted.
Mixed Grill, Grill Room, Main Dining Room, Main Bar, Patio & Garden
Ladies & Gentlemen:
Attire which is appropriate for wear on the golf course and tennis courts is deemed appropriate for wear in the mixed grill, grill room, main dining room and main bar until 7:00 p.m. Attire which is appropriate for wear on the golf course and tennis courts is always deemed appropriate on the patio and garden until 7:00 p.m., unless the membership has been previously notified of other required attire.
Gentlemen: Whenever there is a dinner meal service, full length trousers are required.
- Formal: Whenever an occasion is announced as Formal, tuxedos with traditional accessories are required.
- Optional: Whenever an occasion is announced as Optional, a tuxedo with traditional accessories is preferred, but a business suit of conservative design and color with dress shirt and necktie is acceptable.
- Jacket & Tie: Whenever an occasion is announced as Jacket & Tie, a business suit or slacks and sport jacket, worn in both cases, with a dress shirt and necktie is required.
- Jacket: Whenever an occasion is announced as Jacket, trousers with shirt, either long or short sleeve, and worn with a jacket is permitted.
- Elegant Casual: Whenever an occasion is announced as Elegant Casual, trousers with a shirt, either long or short sleeve, is permitted. Jacket or sweater optional.
- Country Club Casual: Whenever an occasion is announced as Country Club Casual, trousers with a shirt, either long or short sleeve, open at the collar is permitted.
- Casual: Whenever an occasion is announced as Casual trousers or jeans, with a shirts, either long or short sleeve, is permitted. However jeans may be worn at casual Sunday dinners throughout the year.
- Ladies: Ladies are expected and encouraged to wear fashionable, yet appropriate, attire as called for on any given evening.